Conditions of carriage relating to taxi and minibuses (16 seater)
IT IS THE HIRERS RESPONSIBILTY TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND TO ENSURE THAT ALL ACCOMPANYING PASSENGERS ARE FULLY
AWARE, UNDERSTAND THEIR IMPLICATIONS & COMPLY WITH THEM.
BY BOOKING WITH JAYS 1ST CLASS YOU HAVE ALREADY ENTERED INTO A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT.
The following conditions apply whether or not a contract of carriage has been entered into as a quotation being offered or whether a contract has been made VERBALLY or in WRITING. In these conditions of carriage, any reference to the Company means Jays 1st Class.
Vehicles are hired subject to availability at time of receipt of order.
In the event of a National Emergency, or Force Majeure or any unforeseen or unavoidable shortage of drivers or vehicles, Jays Travel Direct reserves the right to cancel any booking without liability to the hirer. Jays Travel Direct shall not be responsible for failure to execute this contract by reason of accident, fire, tempest, strikes, or any cause outside their control. There is no guarantee that the vehicle will perform a journey in a given time and Jays 1st Class shall not be accountable for any loss, inconvenience, or damage, which may arise, from delay, detention or breakdown.
1. The right is reserved to subcontract a vehicle from another taxi or private hire operator.
2. The Vehicle is constructed to carry the number of passengers licensed, and under no circumstances should the number of passengers exceed this. Every effort will be made to supply vehicles with the seating and facilities advertised. But they can not be guaranteed to be available on the day of the journey.
3. Refreshments may not be consumed on any vehicle supplied unless express permission is given by Jays 1st Class
4. Smoking is not permitted in any Jays 1st Class or sub contractors vehicle.
5. Personal effects and luggage are carried at the owner’s risk. The person appointed by the hirer to be in charge of the party shall ensure the correct number of cases are taken into the vehicle and taken off at the destination. The company does not guarantee to accommodate items other than one regular sized suitcase for each passenger and small hand baggage; however every effort will be made to accommodate additional items wherever possible. Please refer to our office for guidelines. Jays 1st Class shall not be responsible for loss or damage to luggage or any other property bought on or to the vehicle during the period of hire however caused.
6. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle; any passenger whose conduct is considered to be unacceptable by the driver may be removed on the driver’s authority. The hirer will be responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by the passengers during the period of hire. The company reserves the right to withdraw all services in the event of unruly conduct by passengers or damage caused to company vehicles. Please note that in the event of the vehicle being soiled or willfully damaged, due to passenger intoxication, Jays 1st Class reserves the right to charge a spoilage charge.
7. The direct route will normally be taken between any two points unless mentioned to the contrary beforehand.
8. Unless otherwise stated, road tolls and parking are included in the quotation and will not be charged extra. Admission into events or attractions is not included in the cost of hire. The hirer is also responsible for porterage charges.
9. In case a vehicle is required during the time a vehicle is at a destination the company reserves the right to withdraw the vehicle to undertake another journey. The vehicle may also be withdrawn if the passengers are more than 15 minutes late except in exceptional cases. In this event, the company accepts no liability for the cost of the alternative transport.
10. Lost property can be claimed from Jays 1st Class . The Company cannot be held responsible for the safeguard of items left on Jays Travel Direct vehicles or premises.
11. In the event of cancellation by the hirer, the company reserves the right to charge a percentage of the value of the booking. 50% if cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. Charges will not apply under special or exceptional circumstances. If the booking has not been cancelled but not undertaken, the company reserves the right to charge up to 100% of a booking value. Cancellation charges do not apply to postponements or an amendment providing the trip takes place.
12. The hirer must also take full responsibility for any other costs incurred by Jays 1st Class as a result of curtailment.
13. Animals cannot be carried on Jays 1st Class vehicles without the express permission of the proprietor. The company does of course make an exception for guide dogs.
14. Any complaints in respect of Jays 1st Class service should be made in writing within 21 days of the journey date.
15. Notices or decorations shall not be displayed on, or from, the vehicles without prior consent of the Jays 1st Class.
16. Drivers have the sole discretion as to the suitability of road or locations that a vehicle can enter or travel through. No liability can be accepted if a vehicle is unable to complete a journey due to the unsuitability of a road or location.
17. Jays 1st Class will not be liable for any loss, injury, damage or delay, where inclusive arrangements have been made incorporating other companies’ services. In any event the company will not be liable for claims beyond the value of the vehicle hire.
18. The company will levy the appropriate rate of tax for the period of hire and the hirer must accept liability for any change in rate.
19. This contract shall not be cancelled or varied in whole or in part except by mutual consent of Jays 1st Class and the hirer. Jays 1st Class accepts no responsibility for the non-observance of any subsequent alterations the terms of contract notified either verbally or by telephone, unless confirmed in writing by the hirer so as to be received by the Company, not less than forty-eight hours before the date of such journey. However in event of the hirer not complying with the agreed terms of payment or conditions a vehicle hire may be terminated forthwith. The hirer will under all circumstances be responsible for any outstanding payments or liabilities contained within our conditions.
20. Orders are only accepted in that the law of Wales shall apply on the contract arising from such an order and to the determination of the rights and liabilities of the proceedings shall be brought by either party in relation to such contract except in a court of competent jurisdiction in Wales.